More From Thomas Paine
- "The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection."
- "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
- "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
More In Marriage
- "The Amateur Marriage grew out of the reflection that of all the opportunities to show differences in character, surely an unhappy marriage must be the richest."― Anne Tyler
- "Never again! I can see no reason for marriage – ever at all. I’ve had it. Three times is enough."― Ingrid Bergman
- "I think women are natural caretakers. They take care of everybody. They take care of their husbands and their kids and their dogs, and don’t spend a lot of time just getting back and taking time out."― Reese Witherspoon