More From Thomas Frank
- "Concerns about the size and role of government are what seem to leave reformers stammering and speechless in town-hall meetings. The right wants to have a debate over fundamental principles; elected Democrats seem incapable of giving it to them."
- "Selling public property is the true Chicago way. Had Mr. Obama not been elected president, the nation’s business journals would be falling over one another to praise his city for its daring, market-friendly innovations."
- "We are watching industries crumble, Wall Street firms disappear, unemployment spike, and unprecedented government intervention. And our designated opinion leaders want to know: Is Obama up this week? Is he down? And is his leadership style more like Bill Clinton’s, or Abraham Lincoln’s?"
More In Smile
- "Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles."― George Eliot
- "I hoped I could make people smile and laugh and have a good time."― Carson Kressley
- "I enjoy what Twitter is because I can really connect with the fans and it’s a great way to share information with them and it’s also a great way to entertain. I like being able to put a smile on people’s faces and letting them know what I’m doing."― Peter Facinelli