More From Thomas Frank
- "Mr. Obama still has time to reverse course. A great deal depends on it. To fail on health care yet again might well be the ‘Waterloo’ Republicans dream of."
- "When done right – or wrong, depending on how you look at it – deficits remove liberal options from the table. Suddenly there’s no money for building bridges or inspecting meat. Not surprisingly, running up a deficit is a strategy favored by the wrecking crew for its liberal-killing properties."
- "We have become a society that can’t self-correct, that can’t address its obvious problems, that can’t pull out of its nosedive. And so to our list of disasters let us add this fourth entry: we have entered an age of folly that – for all our Facebooking and the twittling tweedle-dee-tweets of the twitterati – we can’t wake up from."
More In Smile
- "I think ultimately I make people happy: Whether I’m doing the stage show, giving somebody a makeover, or designing clothing, the end goal is to make people smile."― Carson Kressley
- "Nothing beats a great smile."― Karl Urban
- "While you’re improvising, you may come up with something which will break him up. As soon as that smile comes out, you know that, hey, we’re having fun."― Shelley Berman