More From Samuel Butler
- "Theist and atheist: the fight between them is as to whether God shall be called God or shall have some other name."
- "If God wants us to do a thing, he should make his wishes sufficiently clear. Sensible people will wait till he has done this before paying much attention to him."
- "The worst thing that can happen to a man is to lose his money, the next worst his health, the next worst his reputation."
More In Legal
- "You don’t go around grieving all the time, but the grief is still there and always will be."― Nigella Lawson
- "To me, art supplies are always okay to buy."― Louis C. K.
- "Before Huey was 5, I could take him to work with me. Now, though, he has sports and lessons and friends, and it’s not fair to remove him from his whole life."― Marg Helgenberger