More From Peggy Noonan
- "Beware the politically obsessed. They are often bright and interesting, but they have something missing in their natures; there is a hole, an empty place, and they use politics to fill it up. It leaves them somehow misshapen."
- "Sincerity and competence is a strong combination. In politics, it is everything."
- "The 2008 election settled nothing, not even for a while. Our national politics are reflecting what appears to be going on geologically, on the bottom of the oceans and beneath the crust of the Earth: the tectonic plates are moving."
More In Equality
- "Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."― Honore de Balzac
- "The cry of equality pulls everyone down."― Iris Murdoch
- "I happen to agree with many of the liberal emphasis on compassion, justice and equality. I just disagree that it’s the government’s role to provide everything."― Rick Warren