More From John O. Brennan
- "While the intelligence profession oftentimes demands secrecy, it is critically important that there be a full and open discourse on intelligence matters with the appropriate elected representatives of the American people."
- "We are in this business, whether it be intelligence or the government, to protect freedom, democracy and liberty, not to violate that."
- "The actions that we take on the counterterrorism front, again, are to take actions against individuals where we believe that the intelligence base is so strong and the nature of the threat is so grave and serious, as well as imminent, that we have no recourse except to take this action that may involve a lethal strike."
More In Equality
- "It is clear that not in one thing alone, but in many ways equality and freedom of speech are a good thing."― Herodotus
- "A claim for equality of material position can be met only by a government with totalitarian powers."― Friedrich August von Hayek
- "I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally."― W. C. Fields