More From Paul Nurse
- "I felt strongly that since the pursuit of good science was so difficult it was essential that the problem being studied was an important one to justify the effort expanded."
- "I think it was this curiosity about the natural world which awoke my early interest in science."
- "Like many students, I found the drudgery of real experiments and the slowness of progress a complete shock, and at my low points I contemplated other alternative careers including study of the philosophy or sociology of science."
More In Science
- "I have heard Science Fiction and Fantasy referred to as the fiction of ideas, and I like that definition, but it’s the mainstream public that chooses my books for the most part."― Jean M. Auel
- "Like charity, I believe glamour should begin at home."― Loretta Young
- "The assumption that nature is all there is, and that nature has been governed by the same rules at all times and places, makes it possible for natural science to be confident that it can explain such things as how life began."― Phillip E. Johnson