More From Oliver Goldsmith
- "A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future."
- "Conscience is a coward, and those faults it has not strength enough to prevent it seldom has justice enough to accuse."
- "Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."
More In Friendship
- "Today, I, too, wish to reaffirm that I intend to continue on the path toward improved relations and friendship with the Jewish people, following the decisive lead given by John Paul II."― Pope Benedict XVI
- "My first experiences of academic friendship made me smile in after years when I looked back on them. But my circle of acquaintances had gradually grown so large that it was only natural new friendships should grow out of it."― Georg Brandes
- "Friendship is a word, the very sight of which in print makes the heart warm."― Augustine Birrell