More From Edward Gibbon
- "Beauty is an outward gift which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused."
- "Of the various forms of government which have prevailed in the world, an hereditary monarchy seems to present the fairest scope for ridicule."
- "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect."
More In Friendship
- "The fact is, with every friendship you make, and every bond of trust you establish, you are shaping the image of America projected to the rest of the world. That is so important. So when you study abroad, you’re actually helping to make America stronger."― Michelle Obama
- "From an early age I didn’t buy into the value systems of working hard in a nine-to-five job. I thought creativity, friendship and loyalty and pushing the boundaries of what was acceptable was much more interesting."― Adam Clayton
- "Accountability in friendship is the equivalent of love without strategy."― Anita Brookner