More From Marcus Aurelius
- "Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."
- "That which is not good for the bee-hive cannot be good for the bees."
- "There is nothing happens to any person but what was in his power to go through with."
More In Men
- "We believe that if men have the talent to invent new machines that put men out of work, they have the talent to put those men back to work."― John F. Kennedy
- "There are one hundred men seeking security to one able man who is willing to risk his fortune."― J. Paul Getty
- "As the prospect of a Tory government gets nearer, many traditional Labour voters – some who switched away in recent times and many who stayed at home – seem more determined to prevent that happening."― Lucy Powell