More From Marcus Aurelius
- "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live."
- "Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh."
- "Let it be your constant method to look into the design of people’s actions, and see what they would be at, as often as it is practicable; and to make this custom the more significant, practice it first upon yourself."
More In Anger
- "And we know there has been horrendous loss of life and suffering and we know that there is anger. Anyone who came anywhere near the general election in constituencies with a substantial Muslim population knows that."― Clare Short
- "My therapist says I still haven’t got in touch with my anger. Maybe one day I’m going to explode. But I’m still really happy. I know it looks like a strange and painful upbringing – all those experiences led me to the paths that I’m on now."― Drew Barrymore
- "My hope is that out of all the anger and seeming hostility that we hear in some of today’s music will come some sort of coalition that will become politically involved."― Roberta Flack