More From Lucretius
- "Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another’s great tribulation; not because any man’s troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive you are free of them yourself is pleasant."
- "Such are the heights of wickedness to which men are driven by religion."
- "What is food to one man is bitter poison to others."
More In Great
- "Men, when they fight in movies, it’s a very different style. Harrison Ford was so cool when he had the whip, and Bruce Lee was such an artist that you couldn’t take your eyes off of him."― Lucy Liu
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it."― Steve Jobs
- "When a man laughs at his troubles he loses a great many friends. They never forgive the loss of their prerogative."― Francis Bacon