More From Lucretius
- "So potent was religion in persuading to evil deeds."
- "Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another’s great tribulation; not because any man’s troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive you are free of them yourself is pleasant."
- "Such are the heights of wickedness to which men are driven by religion."
More In Health
- "I agree with just about everyone in the reform debate when they say ‘If you like what you have, you should be able to keep it.’ But the truth is that none of the health reform bills making their way through Congress actually delivers on that promise."― Ron Wyden
- "Civilization is unbearable, but it is less unbearable at the top."― Timothy Leary
- "I can support co-ops if they want to do it as we’ve known co-ops in America for 150 years – where they serve the purposes of the consuming public, whether it’s health care or whether it’s co-ops as we know them in the Midwest, providing electricity or to sell supplies to farmer."― Chuck Grassley