More From Lucretius
- "Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another’s great tribulation; not because any man’s troubles are a delectable joy, but because to perceive you are free of them yourself is pleasant."
- "Such are the heights of wickedness to which men are driven by religion."
- "So potent was religion in persuading to evil deeds."
More In Health
- "In the richest country in the history of the world, this Obama economy has crushed the middle class. Family income has fallen by $4,000, but health insurance premiums are higher, food prices are higher, utility bills are higher, and gasoline prices have doubled. Today more Americans wake up in poverty than ever before."― Mitt Romney
- "Increased government spending can provide a temporary stimulus to demand and output but in the longer run higher levels of government spending crowd out private investment or require higher taxes that weaken growth by reducing incentives to save, invest, innovate, and work."― Martin Feldstein
- "Jobs mean freedom for workers to support their families."― Nancy Pelosi