More From Karl A. Menninger
- "Unrest of spirit is a mark of life."
- "Hope is a necessity for normal life and the major weapon against the suicide impulse."
- "The voice of the intelligence is drowned out by the roar of fear. It is ignored by the voice of desire. It is contradicted by the voice of shame. It is biased by hate and extinguished by anger. Most of all it is silenced by ignorance."
More In Society
- "I’m an underdog person, so I align myself with those who seem to be not considered valuable in polite society."― Jessica Hagedorn
- "I had a vague idea of the song’s impact in the ’60s, but that was tempered by the hate mail and threats I was receiving. It was only about ten years ago, when I finally put it back in my show because so many people were asking for it, that I understood ‘Society’s Child’ real impact."― Janis Ian
- "The idealists will always be in society, and we will survive."― John Zorn