More From June Jordan
- "So, poetry becomes a means for useful dialogue between people who are not only unknown, but mute to each other. It produces a dialogue among people that guards all of us against manipulation by our so-called leaders."
- "There are two ways to worry words. One is hoping for the greatest possible beauty in what is created. The other is to tell the truth."
- "The courts cannot garnish a father’s salary, nor freeze his account, nor seize his property on behalf of his children, in our society. Apparently this is because a kid is not a car or a couch or a boat."
More In Attitude
- "On ‘Van Halen,’ I was a young punk, and everything revolved around the fastest kid in town, gunslinger attitude. But I’d say that at the time of ‘Fair Warning,’ I started concentrating more on songwriting. But I guess in most people’s minds I’m just a gunslinger."― Eddie Van Halen
- "Hence, within the space of two generations there has been a complete revolution in the attitude of the trades-unions toward the women working in their trades."― Florence Kelley
- "In aid, the proper attitude is one omitting gratitude."― Marya Mannes