More From Julie Walters
- "Oh all the time when Victoria Wood and I did our series. There were people asking ‘Can women be funny?’ People still ask that. It’s like asking: ‘Can women breathe in and out?’"
- "I don’t know if you can change things, but it’s a drop in the ocean."
- "My mother was born on a tiny farm in County Mayo. She was meant to stay at home and look after the farm while her brother and sister got an education. However, she came to England on a visit and never went back."
More In Women
- "I don’t think that the feminist movement has done much for the characters of women."― Doris Lessing
- "Freedom in art, freedom in society, this is the double goal towards which all consistent and logical minds must strive."― Victor Hugo
- "Men need to understand, and women too, what feminism is really about."― Annie Lennox