More From John le Carre
- "History keeps her secrets longer than most of us. But she has one secret that I will reveal to you tonight in the greatest confidence. Sometimes there are no winners at all. And sometimes nobody needs to lose."
- "Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love."
- "Novelists are not equipped to make a movie, in my opinion. They make their own movie when they write: they’re casting, they’re dressing the scene, they’re working out where the energy of the scene is coming from and they’re also relying tremendously on the creative imagination of the reader."
More In Experience
- "Artists need some kind of stimulating experience a lot of times, which crystallizes when you sing about it or paint it or sculpt it. You literally mold the experience the way you want. It’s therapy."― Erykah Badu
- "Words are capable of making experience more vivid, and also of organizing it. They can scare us, and they can comfort us."― Jonathan Safran Foer
- "Difficult times always create opportunities for you to experience more love in your life."― Barbara de Angelis