More From John le Carre
- "If there is one eternal truth of politics, it is that there are always a dozen good reasons for doing nothing."
- "History keeps her secrets longer than most of us. But she has one secret that I will reveal to you tonight in the greatest confidence. Sometimes there are no winners at all. And sometimes nobody needs to lose."
- "Most people like to read about intrigue and spies. I hope to provide a metaphor for the average reader’s daily life. Most of us live in a slightly conspiratorial relationship with our employer and perhaps with our marriage."
More In Experience
- "One of the best things – and something I’m grateful for every time I walk onto a film set – is my six and a half years on Dawson’s Creek and the experience it afforded me in how to get comfortable with the camera."― Michelle Williams
- "At times I experience hardship in trying to find the proper point of balance between traditional things and my own personality."― Princess Masako
- "And I believe that if we can care about whether or not our neighbor has a good job or access to affordable health care for their children, and we move to implement the policies that can improve these situations, we will unleash vast amounts of human potential and recapture the American spirit."― Tim Ryan