More From John le Carre
- "I don’t know whether it’s age or maturity, but I certainly find myself committed more and more to the looser forms of Western democracy at any price."
- "I mean, I’m in the business of storytelling, not message making."
- "The Secret Intelligence Service I knew occupied dusky suites of little rooms opposite St James’s Park Tube station in London."
More In Experience
- "There is a part of me that still wants to go out and grab a backpack and unplug – not take a cellphone or even a camera and just get out there and experience the world and travel. I have yet to do that, but someday I hope."― Emilio Estevez
- "My mom and dad met at UCLA when he as a captain in the Air Force and she was in her junior year."― Tracy Austin
- "If you’re feeling insecure and you need to feel special, the best place to go is somewhere foreign where people treat you as special because you’re different."― Kristin Scott Thomas