More From John Breaux
- "Well, Judy, I would hope in the new year, we could start thinking about politics not like it was the Super Bowl, where you always have to have one team that wins and the other team has to be a loser."
- "When people see the budget, they’re going to say, ‘Oh, my God, I wanted a tax cut, but I didn’t know what you were going to do to health care and to Medicare and national defense.’"
- "And the issues I think are important in Louisiana right now happen to be health care and education. And those are two areas that the federal government can play a very important role. And I think I can be effective in trying to help our state from the Washington scene."
More In Health
- "The fact is that we would have had comprehensive health care now, had it not been for Ted Kennedy’s deliberately blocking the legislation that I proposed in 1978 or ’79."― Jimmy Carter
- "Illegal immigration is a genuinely national issue, and resolving it requires a national commitment not just on health care but also border control, law enforcement and other resources."― Jon Kyl
- "Make no mistake, a ‘yes’ vote on the Democrats’ health care bill is a vote for taxpayer-funded abortions."― John Boehner