More From Jared Diamond
- "Twenty years ago, you might have been pessimistic and said there’s no hope. But these days, some of our very biggest companies are acting remarkably cleanly. And in some cases, although not all cases, the CEOs are the driving forces behind that."
- "I decided that now is the time to start doing the things that really interest me and I find important. It was in the 10 years of the MacArthur grant that I began working on my first book… and I began putting more work into environmental history."
- "Tasmanian history is a study of human isolation unprecedented except in science fiction – namely, complete isolation from other humans for 10,000 years."
More In History
- "The positive testimony of history is that the State invariably had its origin in conquest and confiscation. No primitive State known to history originated in any other manner."― Albert J. Nock
- "My sense of the family history is somewhat sketchy, because my mother kept a great deal to herself."― Julie Andrews
- "That brings me to Dennis Ritchie. Our collaboration has been a thing of beauty."― Ken Thompson