More From Jared Diamond
- "I’ve worked very hard in this book to keep the lines of communication open. I don’t want to turn someone away from this information for partisan political reasons."
- "We’re uncomfortable about considering history as a science. It’s classified as a social science, which is considered not quite scientific."
- "We study the injustices of history for the same reason that we study genocide, and for the same reason that psychologists study the minds of murderers and rapists… to understand how those evil things came about."
More In History
- "Now, when I hear that Christians are getting together in order to defend the people of Israel, of course it brings joy to my heart. And it simply says, look, people have learned from history."― Elie Wiesel
- "Debate and divergence of views can only enrich our history and culture."― Ibrahim Babangida
- "I don’t like the idea of famous people."― Kristin Hersh