More From Jared Diamond
- "We study the injustices of history for the same reason that we study genocide, and for the same reason that psychologists study the minds of murderers and rapists… to understand how those evil things came about."
- "Tasmanian history is a study of human isolation unprecedented except in science fiction – namely, complete isolation from other humans for 10,000 years."
- "Thousands of years ago, humans domesticated every possible large wild mammal species fulfilling all those criteria and worth domesticating, with the result that there have been no valuable additions of domestic animals in recent times, despite the efforts of modern science."
More In History
- "History is, strictly speaking, the study of questions; the study of answers belongs to anthropology and sociology."― W. H. Auden
- "In Thailand’s history there have been dissensions from time to time, but in general, unity has prevailed."― Beyonce Knowles
- "For most of history, Anonymous was a woman."― Virginia Woolf