More From J. G. Ballard
- "In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom."
- "Writing a novel is one of those modern rites of passage, I think, that lead us from an innocent world of contentment, drunkenness, and good humor, to a state of chronic edginess and the perpetual scanning of bank statements."
- "Electronic aids, particularly domestic computers, will help the inner migration, the opting out of reality. Reality is no longer going to be the stuff out there, but the stuff inside your head. It’s going to be commercial and nasty at the same time."
More In Car
- "Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to a job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it."― Ellen Goodman
- "We manage to bounce ideas off one another. Every band fights, but at the end of the day, we’re very positive about the way we fight. At least we come out with a result."― Keith Emerson
- "Most of us would never consider getting our car repaired without first receiving an estimate of the charges, but this is exactly what we do when we need to go to a hospital for treatment."― Dan Lipinski