More From J. C. Watts
- "I never got into politics for it to be a career. It doesn’t take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go."
- "In my wildest imagination, I never thought that the fifth of six children born to Helen and Buddy Watts – in a poor black neighborhood, in the poor rural community of Eufaula, Oklahoma – would someday be called Congressman."
- "The measure of a man is not how great his faith is, but how great his love is. We must not let government programs disconnect our souls from each other."
More In Politics
- "There’s no conscious plan here; my whole life in politics as a state legislator and in Congress has been about strengthening the middle class."― Peter Welch
- "That was my childhood. I grew up with the monks, studying Sanskrit and meditating for hours in the morning and hours in the evening, and going once a day to beg for food."― Satish Kumar
- "It’s very personal in its politics, very bitter and very negative."― John Bolton