More From J. C. Watts
- "In 1989 when I switched from Democrat to Republican, with God as my witness, not one thing changed about what I believed about one man and one woman in a marriage or about diversity of color. That’s a good thing."
- "I have often said one of the reasons more blacks don’t support Republicans is because they don’t trust the GOP establishment."
- "Republicans and Democrats have used accounting gimmicks and competing government analyses to deceive the public into believing that 2 + 2 = 6. If our leaders cannot agree on the numbers, if ‘facts’ are fictional, how can they possibly have a substantive debate on solutions?"
More In Politics
- "If you’re sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."― George W. Bush
- "If there is one eternal truth of politics, it is that there are always a dozen good reasons for doing nothing."― John le Carre
- "Look, there ought to be politics in politics."― Karl Rove