More From Hermann Hesse
- "Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object."
- "Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, be fortified by it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it."
- "Without words, without writing and without books there would be no history, there could be no concept of humanity."
More In Good
- "Anything you’re good at contributes to happiness."― Bertrand Russell
- "Nothing that you do will ever feel good if you let people convince you that you have no choice."― Fiona Apple
- "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first kind is excellent, the second good, and the third kind useless."― Niccolo Machiavelli