More From Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment… If it doesn’t turn out right, we can modify it as we go along."
- "A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people."
- "But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings."
More In Good
- "We could say we want the Web to reflect a vision of the world where everything is done democratically. To do that, we get computers to talk with each other in such a way as to promote that ideal."― Tim Berners Lee
- "Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."― John Maynard Keynes
- "Papa, potatoes, poultry, prunes and prism, are all very good words for the lips."― Charles Dickens