More From Henry David Thoreau
- "There are old heads in the world who cannot help me by their example or advice to live worthily and satisfactorily to myself; but I believe that it is in my power to elevate myself this very hour above the common level of my life."
- "What is human warfare but just this; an effort to make the laws of God and nature take sides with one party."
- "In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high."
More In Love
- "To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be."― Anna Louise Strong
- "The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love."― Henry Miller
- "I am healthy, my family is healthy. That is the important thing. After that we go racing."― Mark Webber