More From George Soros
- "An open society is a society which allows its members the greatest possible degree of freedom in pursuing their interests compatible with the interests of others."
- "Just as the process of repealing national alcohol prohibition began with individual states repealing their own prohibition laws, so individual states must now take the initiative with respect to repealing marijuana prohibition laws."
- "Who most benefits from keeping marijuana illegal? The greatest beneficiaries are the major criminal organizations in Mexico and elsewhere that earn billions of dollars annually from this illicit trade – and who would rapidly lose their competitive advantage if marijuana were a legal commodity."
More In Society
- "Affirmative action has a negative effect on our society when it means counting us like so many beans and dividing us into separate piles."― John Kasich
- "Society exists for the benefit of its members, not the members for the benefit of society."― Herbert Spencer
- "Religion and art spring from the same root and are close kin. Economics and art are strangers."― Nathaniel Hawthorne