More From George Soros
- "An open society is a society which allows its members the greatest possible degree of freedom in pursuing their interests compatible with the interests of others."
- "I give away something up to $500 million a year throughout the world promoting Open Society. My foundations support people in the country who care about an open society. It’s their work that I’m supporting. So it’s not me doing it."
- "I chose America as my home because I value freedom and democracy, civil liberties and an open society."
More In Respect
- "We don’t do drugs, drink or use profanity. Instead we instill morals and values in my boys by raising them with a love of God and a love and respect for themselves and all people. I believe they will have a chance."― Anita Baker
- "Status anxiety definitely exists at a political level. Many Iraqis were annoyed with the US essentially for reasons of status: for not showing them respect, for humiliating them."― Alain de Botton
- "For some ungodly reason, I end up being naked in a lot of stuff. But there is a certain grace and kudos that come with taking your clothes off on the first day, a respect that is given by the rest of the cast."― Paul Bettany