More From Floyd Abrams
- "When I began we did not really have a lot of First Amendment law. It is really surprising to think of it this way, but a lot of the law – most of the law that relates to the First Amendment freedom of the press in America – is really within living memory."
- "The government would be able to go to court with respect to newspaper articles, broadcast pieces and the like that they thought were bad or harmful or even against the government and try to block them."
More In Freedom
- "The Bahraini people are eager to obtain facts to enable them to shape a comprehensive national opinion without division among its people. We confirm to all journalists and media personnel in the kingdom of Bahrain that their freedom is preserved and their rights are safeguarded."― Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa
- "One certain effect of war is to diminish freedom of expression."― Howard Zinn
- "The condition every art requires is, not so much freedom from restriction, as freedom from adulteration and from the intrusion of foreign matter."― Willa Cather