More From Emil Zatopek
- "A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket."
- "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."
- "If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It’s raining? That doesn’t matter. I am tired? That’s besides the point. It’s simply that I just have to."
More In Friendship
- "The way to work with a bully is to take the ball and go home. First time, every time. When there’s no ball, there’s no game. Bullies hate that. So they’ll either behave so they can play with you or they’ll go bully someone else."― Seth Godin
- "Often the magical elements in my books are standing in for elements of the real world, the small and magical-in-their-own-right sorts of things that we take for granted and no longer pay attention to, like the bonds of friendship that entwine our own lives with those of other people and places."― Charles de Lint
- "If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends – you’re safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that’s the time to hold your tongue."― Alice Duer Miller