More From Emil Zatopek
- "An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head."
- "We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon."
- "Great is the victory, but the friendship of all is greater."
More In Experience
- "You don’t know what unconditional love is. You may say you do, but if you don’t have a child, you don’t know what that is. But when you experience it, it is the most fulfilling ever."― Regina King
- "It makes a difference what we choose to experience during sleep. Many of us think of sleep as a chance to get away from it all. But sleep is also a chance to return to the joys of our spiritual heritage – our universal awareness."― Henry Reed
- "I firmly believe that all human beings have access to extraordinary energies and powers. Judging from accounts of mystical experience, heightened creativity, or exceptional performance by athletes and artists, we harbor a greater life than we know."― Jean Houston