More From Dorothy Day
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
- "I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
More In Strength
- "Yes, forget your weakness, whatever that weakness may be. It is egotism, it is selfishness after. all, for it is a dwelling on self. Forget your weakness; and remember your strength."― Joseph Barber Lightfoot
- "I’ve been doing a lot of drama, but I feel like comedy is my strength."― Taraji P. Henson
- "Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool."― Esther Williams