More From Donald Cargill
- "I come now to tell you for what I am brought here to die, and to give you an account of my faith, which I shall do as in the sight of the living God before whom I am shortly to stand."
- "And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see."
- "Now for my own case, I bless the Lord that, for all that hath been said of me, my conscience doth not condemn me. I do not say I am free of sin, but I am at peace with God through a slain Mediator; and I believe that there is no salvation but only in Christ."
More In Religion
- "The real use of gunpowder is to make all men tall."― Thomas Carlyle
- "The appalling thing is the degree of charity women are capable of. You see it all the time… love lavished on absolute fools. Love’s a charity ward, you know."― Lawrence Durrell
- "I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. There must be some human truth that is beyond religion."― Oriana Fallaci