More From Donald Cargill
- "And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see."
- "I come now to tell you for what I am brought here to die, and to give you an account of my faith, which I shall do as in the sight of the living God before whom I am shortly to stand."
- "I have followed holiness, I have taught truth, and I have been most in the main things; not that I thought the things concerning our times little, but that I thought none could do anything to purpose in God’s great and public matters, till they were right in their conditions."
More In Religion
- "Another important historical factor is the fact that this already very simple religion was further simplified and purified by the early philosophers of ancient China. Our first great philosopher was a founder of naturalism; and our second great philosopher was an agnostic."― Hu Shih
- "In Goddess religion death is not feared, but is understood to be a part of life, followed by birth and renewal."― Carol P. Christ
- "Selfishness is the only real atheism; aspiration, unselfishness, the only real religion."― Franklin D. Roosevelt