More From Donald Cargill
- "I have followed holiness, I have taught truth, and I have been most in the main things; not that I thought the things concerning our times little, but that I thought none could do anything to purpose in God’s great and public matters, till they were right in their conditions."
- "Now for my own case, I bless the Lord that, for all that hath been said of me, my conscience doth not condemn me. I do not say I am free of sin, but I am at peace with God through a slain Mediator; and I believe that there is no salvation but only in Christ."
- "And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see."
More In Religion
- "I call religion a natural authority, but it has usually been conceived as a supernatural authority."― Herbert Read
- "When obedience to the Divine precepts keeps pace with knowledge, in the mind of any man, that man is a Christian; and when the fruits of Christianity are produced, that man is a disciple of our blessed Lord, let his profession of religion be what it may."― Joseph Lancaster
- "I’m interested in the kind of religion that makes life harder. I’m not so interested in the comforting kind of religion."― Jonathan Safran Foer