More From David Bowie
- "Since the departure of good old-fashioned entertainers the re-emergence of somebody who wants to be an entertainer has unfortunately become a synonym for camp. I don’t think I’m camper than any other person who felt at home on stage, and felt more at home on stage than he did offstage."
- "Music itself is going to become like running water or electricity. So it’s like, just take advantage of these last few years because none of this is ever going to happen again. You’d better be prepared for doing a lot of touring because that’s really the only unique situation that’s going to be left."
- "I wanted to prove the sustaining power of music."
More In Music
- "Music’s not like becoming a doctor, who can walk into a community and find people who need him."― Charlie Byrd
- "I’ve never been one for doing remixes. Then I’ve gotta decide which version am I gonna be tonight: country Carrie or pop Carrie? I’d rather just make country music that anybody can get into no matter what they listen to."― Carrie Underwood
- "People think I take some sort of masochistic pleasure out of putting out music that’s gonna be unpopular."― Billy Corgan