More From Dan Simmons
- "It’s odd how violence and humor so often go together, isn’t it?"
- "Writing, I’m convinced, should be a subversive activity – frowned on by the authorities – and not one cooed over and praised beyond common sense by some teacher."
- "There’s a unique bond of trust between readers and authors that I don’t believe exists in any other art form; as a reader, I trust a novelist to give me his or her best effort, however flawed."
More In Teacher
- "A teacher enlarges people in all sorts of ways besides just his subject matter."― Wallace Stegner
- "When my opera Plump Jack was performed in 1989, my first piano teacher sent me something that I’d composed when I was four. I remember I played it, and it still sounded like me. I’m the same composer I was then."― Gordon Getty
- "Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself."― John Jay Chapman