More From Dag Hammarskjold
- "“Freedom from fear” could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights."
- "Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was."
- "Time always seems long to the child who is waiting – for Christmas, for next summer, for becoming a grownup: long also when he surrenders his whole soul to each moment of a happy day."
More In Happiness
- "As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten more liberal, and my father is increasingly conservative. It’s so shocking to me because I always thought we had the same politics. The day I realized we voted for different presidents, I practically fell out of my chair."― Lauren Graham
- "All around me insisted that my doubts proved only my own ignorance and sinfulness; that they knew by experience they would soon give place to true knowledge, and an advance in religion; and I felt something like indecision."― Maria Monk
- "I ask the rights to pursue happiness by having a voice in that government to which I am accountable."― Victoria Woodhull