More From Christopher Hitchens
- "Trust is not the same as faith. A friend is someone you trust. Putting faith in anyone is a mistake."
- "There’s been some research in cognitive science, I’m told, that discloses that there have always been perhaps 10 to 15 percent of people who are, as Pascal puts it, so made that they cannot believe. To us, when people talk about faith, it’s white noise."
- "In the grip of a neurological disorder, I am fast losing control of words even as my relationship with the world has been reduced to them."
More In Education
- "The simplest schoolboy is now familiar with truths for which Archimedes would have sacrificed his life."― Ernest Renan
- "Poor people cannot rely on the government to come to help you in times of need. You have to get your education. Then nobody can control your destiny."― Charles Barkley
- "I pledge to you today that as president, in my first budget, I will introduce the largest increase in special education ever."― Al Gore