More From Christopher Hitchens
- "Well, we can’t say any more than we can say there is no god, there is no afterlife. We can only say there is no persuasive evidence for or argument for it."
- "It’s impossible, I think, however much I’d become disillusioned politically or evolve into a post-political person, I don’t think I’d ever change my view that socialism is the best political moment humans have ever come up with."
- "To terrify children with the image of hell… to consider women an inferior creation. Is that good for the world?"
More In Education
- "The notion that every well educated person would have a mastery of at least the basic elements of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences is a far cry from the specialized education that most students today receive, particularly in the research universities."― Joseph Stiglitz
- "Both class and race survive education, and neither should. What is education then? If it doesn’t help a human being to recognize that humanity is humanity, what is it for? So you can make a bigger salary than other people?"― Beah Richards
- "After completing a Delaware State education, they were afforded opportunities beyond anything they might have imagined – and they opened doors for themselves that surely would have remained closed if they only had a high school education."― Michael N. Castle