More From Brandi Chastain
- "My parents and my grandfather on my mom’s side would travel the earth. They went to Australia and China, and they went to probably every soccer game I ever played."
- "Julie, Mia and I just met for a couple days, doing some work but really under the guise of having fun. We do events like the Women’s Sports Foundation Dinner, where we get to not only do a good thing for the community but we get to hang out with one another again."
- "You’ll be dedicated and that’s what you should want to be in anything in life – whether it’s sports or academics or your relationship. It all stems from finding that fun, that thrill, that excitement."
More In Mom
- "My mom, God rest her soul – she liked nicknames. In the womb she named me Skip. There was another black guy in Piedmont, W.Va., and his name was Skip. They called him Big Skip, and I was Little Skip."― Henry Louis Gates
- "I did learn that it was the greatest thing in the world to respect yourself. Respect other people."― Little Milton
- "Once my mom passed away, I have nobody to answer to. It’s great."― Jessica Hahn