More From Beverly Sills
- "In youth we run into difficulties. In old age difficulties run into us."
- "A primary function of art and thought is to liberate the individual from the tyranny of his culture in the environmental sense and to permit him to stand beyond it in an autonomy of perception and judgment."
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
More In Strength
- "My father was the son of immigrants, and he grew up bilingual, but English is what my father taught me and what he spoke to me. America’s strength is not our diversity; it is our ability to unite around common principles even when we come from different backgrounds."― Ernest Istook
- "The overall strength of Chinese culture and its international influence is not commensurate with China’s international status. The international culture of the West is strong while we are weak."― Hu Jintao
- "I give myself strength by staying away from any music."― Alannah Myles