More From Beverly Sills
- "Anger begins with folly, and ends with repentance."
- "There is a growing strength in women but it’s in the forehead, not the forearm."
- "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
More In Age
- "Women lie about their age; men lie about their income."― William Feather
- "Not to expose your true feelings to an adult seems to be instinctive from the age of seven or eight onwards."― George Orwell
- "Whoever, fleeing marriage and the sorrows that women cause, does not wish to wed comes to a deadly old age."― Hesiod