More From Barack Obama
- "My family, frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week. My mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew but she didn’t raise me in the church, so I came to my Christian faith later in life and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead."
- "In the end, that’s what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope?"
- "It’s time to fundamentally change the way that we do business in Washington. To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative. That will demand new thinking and a new sense of responsibility for every dollar that is spent."
More In Money
- "I hope that people will finally come to realize that there is only one ‘race’ – the human race – and that we are all members of it."― Margaret Atwood
- "As long as I can make lots of money in other businesses, I’ll continue to subsidize my own work."― Francis Ford Coppola
- "The nice thing about the gallery shows is that without having to pay any money you can just go and see it."― Yoko Ono