More From Adam Smith
- "Poor David Hume is dying fast, but with more real cheerfulness and good humor and with more real resignation to the necessary course of things, than any whining Christian ever dyed with pretended resignation to the will of God."
- "The propensity to truck, barter and exchange one thing for another is common to all men, and to be found in no other race of animals."
- "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."
More In Money
- "If somebody asked me about my inspiration I would say that it’s not the peopleand it’s not the things, it’s travel and experiencing different environments."― Marc Newson
- "If the education and studies of children were suited to their inclinations and capacities, many would be made useful members of society that otherwise would make no figure in it."― Samuel Richardson
- "I’m the only person I know who’s got a bunch of money."― John Mayer