More From Audre Lorde
- "It’s a struggle but that’s why we exist, so that another generation of Lesbians of color will not have to invent themselves, or their history, all over again."
- "When I use my strength in the service of my vision it makes no difference whether or not I am afraid."
- "Black women are programmed to define ourselves within this male attention and to compete with each other for it rather than to recognize and move upon our common interests."
More In Society
- "Too much of our society looks for people to fail."― Roger Goodell
- "But most Canadians have recognized to a greater or lesser extent that despite much of the so-called progress of the affluent society, essential ingredients to a meaningful life seem to be either entirely lacking, or at best, difficult to grasp."― Alex Campbell
- "The human mind is a dramatic structure in itself and our society is absolutely saturated with drama."― Edward Bond