More From Audre Lorde
- "But the true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women."
- "Black women are programmed to define ourselves within this male attention and to compete with each other for it rather than to recognize and move upon our common interests."
- "Poetry is not only dream and vision; it is the skeleton architecture of our lives. It lays the foundations for a future of change, a bridge across our fears of what has never been before."
More In Women
- "Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speak by something outside himself like, for instance, he can’t find any clean socks."― Jean Kerr
- "Women like myself, CEOs, can pave the way for more women to get to the top."― Andrea Jung
- "I always play women I would date."― Angelina Jolie