More From Arthur Henderson
- "In some states militant nationalism has gone to the lengths of dictatorship, the cult of the absolute or totalitarian state and the glorification of war."
- "The vast upheaval of the World War set in motion forces that will either destroy civilization or raise mankind to undreamed of heights of human welfare and prosperity."
- "In almost every country there are elements of opinion which would welcome such a conclusion because they wish to return to the politics of the balance of power, unrestricted and unregulated armaments, international anarchy, and preparation for war."
More In History
- "We’ve been a country that’s been fortunate to be protected by two oceans, to not have serious attacks on our territory for most of our history. And we were unfortunately reminded in a very devastating way of our vulnerability."― Condoleezza Rice
- "American history is longer, larger, more various, more beautiful, and more terrible than anything anyone has ever said about it."― James A. Baldwin
- "The knives of jealousy are honed on details."― Ruth Rendell