More From Arthur Ashe
- "I keep sailing on in this middle passage. I am sailing into the wind and the dark. But I am doing my best to keep my boat steady and my sails full."
- "We must believe in the power of education. We must respect just laws. We must love ourselves, our old and or young, our women as well as our men."
- "The ideal attitude is to be physically loose and mentally tight."
More In Hope
- "For me, Barack Obama’s election was a milestone of the most extraordinary kind. On the day he was elected I felt such hope in my heart. I thought we were seeing the beginning of a new era of equal opportunity across race and gender such as America had never known before."― Jesse Jackson
- "If someone decides to be a musician now, it means because there is no hope of money at the end of it, it means they really want to be a musician. And if someone is writing now, there is no hope for money at the end of it."― Doug Coupland
- "I do protect human rights, and I hope I shall always be looked up as a champion of human rights."― Aung San Suu Kyi