More From Anna Quindlen
- "There is a lot of talk now about metal detectors and gun control. Both are good things. But they are no more a solution than forks and spoons are a solution to world hunger."
- "Ideas are only lethal if you suppress and don’t discuss them. Ignorance is not bliss, it’s stupid. Banning books shows you don’t trust your kids to think and you don’t trust yourself to be able to talk to them."
- "But it’s important, while we are supporting lessons in respecting others, to remember that many of our youngest kids need to learn to respect themselves. You learn your worth from the way you are treated."
More In Morning
- "Be pleasant until ten o’clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself."― Elbert Hubbard
- "Freedom is secured every day by our men and women in uniform. We must build a future worthy of their sacrifice."― Nancy Pelosi
- "It seems to me madness to wake up in the morning and do something other than paint, considering that one may not wake up the following morning."― Frank Auerbach