More From Anna Quindlen
- "The clearest explanation for the failure of any marriage is that the two people are incompatible; that is, that one is male and the other female."
- "Ideas are only lethal if you suppress and don’t discuss them. Ignorance is not bliss, it’s stupid. Banning books shows you don’t trust your kids to think and you don’t trust yourself to be able to talk to them."
- "Women who marry early are often overly enamored of the kind of man who looks great in wedding pictures and passes the maid of honor his telephone number."
More In Wisdom
- "I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom; I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients."― Gustave Courbet
- "Doubt is the vestibule through which all must pass before they can enter into the temple of wisdom."― Charles Caleb Colton
- "Virtues are acquired through endeavor, which rests wholly upon yourself."― Sidney Lanier