More From Alfred Austin
- "Exclusiveness in a garden is a mistake as great as it is in society."
- "The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul."
- "There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder."
More In Wisdom
- "One of the greatest pieces of economic wisdom is to know what you do not know."― John Kenneth Galbraith
- "The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it."― Reinhold Niebuhr
- "Every speaker has a mouth; An arrangement rather neat. Sometimes it’s filled with wisdom. Sometimes it’s filled with feet."― Robert Orben