More From Ai Weiwei
- "If we all say the same thing, then I think the government has to listen. But because no one is saying it, I become singled out, even though what I’m saying is common sense. It’s very essential values that we all have to protect. But in Chinese society, people are giving up on protecting these values."
- "I don’t believe in the so-called Olympic spirit. I speak from personal experience. When China hosted the Games, it failed to include the people. The event was constructed without regard for their joy."
- "To work in architecture you are so much involved with society, with politics, with bureaucrats. It’s a very complicated process to do large projects. You start to see the society, how it functions, how it works. Then you have a lot of criticism about how it works."
More In Education
- "Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience."― Francis Bacon
- "And yet, I suppose you mourn the loss or the death of what you thought your life was, even if you find your life is better after. You mourn the future that you thought you’d planned."― Lynn Redgrave
- "Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability."― Marcus Aurelius