More From Sachin Tendulkar
- "If efforts to do social work are couched in selfish motives, then they will die a premature death. Why would my efforts get politicised? I have values I inherited from my father. He helped many. Anyone, even a postman knocking on our door would get a glass of water and some sweets."
- "I grew up looking at my father as to how to behave. In watching him I grasped so many things. His own temperament was of a calm person. He was very composed and I never saw anger in him. To me, that was fascinating."
- "I am not thinking too far ahead, just want to take it one thing at a time."
More In Education
- "Poor people cannot rely on the government to come to help you in times of need. You have to get your education. Then nobody can control your destiny."― Charles Barkley
- "We need to drive down requirements for the schools. In the 19th century, we increased the quality of the schools by higher education saying, ‘You can’t come in unless you have these skills, unless you’ve taken these courses.’ We did that in Wisconsin when I was there, it helped to transform the secondary school system."― Donna Shalala
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives."― Robert M. Hutchins